Tuesday 11 August 2015

DR LEWINN'S WELCOME PARCEL

Hi everyone!
It feels like it has been forever since my last post, although it's probably only been a week!
I've  been a tad bit busy with work, and other days, I just wanted to do nothing at all.

Anywho,  lets start,

Recently I was very lucky enough to receive a parcel from Dr Lewinn's, which is a cosmetical premium skincare brand, created over 25 years ago by one of the world's most distinguished plastic surgeon, Dr Laurence Lewinn's.

Now as some of you might know, Dr Lewinn's is my go to when it comes to nearly all skin types at any age. So you could imagine my excitement when a parcel by Dr lewinn's arrived on my doorstep.

It was my 'welcoming gift' to the VIP Beauty Society by Dr Lewinn's.

Fancy right?

The products I received was the new Day Cream Moisturiser from their Private Formula Range, and from their Eternal Youth Range I got a Blur Cream, and the Day and Night Eye Cream.
Oh and there was also 2 lindt lindor chocolate, obviously, demolished within seconds.
They certainly know the key to my heart.

PRIVATE FORMULA-
DAY CREAM MOISTURISER LIGHT SPF 15

Firstly, let's give a big round of applause for a pump, hurray!
Yes, in the other ranges by Dr lewinn's they carry creams with pumps, but I noticed in the Private Formula range they were all in jars, which never was a huge concern, but sometimes I think we can go a little overboard with the amount we think we might need, when really you only need a pea size. Having it in a pump gives you the precise amount of cream needed and its more hygienic.

It's also a twist top, so when you have finished using it, and this will be handy if you're traveling, all you do is just twist the silver part and it locks up with a pink covering over it, so now, no more spills or leaks.

The packaging is the same standard in the Private Formula range, white background, pink and black font, keeping its simple and classy.

Straight away I noticed this cream had an Spf 15 and was a Light moisturiser.
It also states that it's instant, non stop hydrating and contains vitamins A,B,E, super berry trio, hydroviton Plus and argan oil.

With only using 1 pump, it was enough to do my whole face and really did sink into my skin within seconds.

There's a pleasant scent, which i'm assuming is the triple berry  - Pepperberry, Riberry and Muntrie.
Just like most people I wasnt aware of these ingredients, so I quickly asked google, and the reason the this cream contains it is because they contain a heap of powerful, active ingredients that help build up collagen, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
You could say the berries behave like a Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA).
Might have to Google that one.

What I also noticed was that it had a slight shine to it and as it sets into the skin gives off a glow. I later found out that you can use this to highlight certain areas of your face.

There really isn't anything to complain about this moisturiser, as it does what it says. Its light, super hydrating and instantly sets in. You can find this RRP $49.99aud.

ETERNAL YOUTH
DAY AND NIGHT EYE CREAM

This day and night eye cream comes with an applicator, making it much easier to apply, as we can be a little rough with our fingers around the eye area. I dont know why but I have always passed on getting an eye cream that comes with an applicator. I think it's because most of them are a roller ball and i've always had it in my head that i'm never getting the full product. This applicator is different than a roller ball, it's hard to describe but trust me, you certainly can get the product out.
Its really soothing to use against the eye aswell, so it's great if you suffer from allergies with your eyes like I do, because instantly it cools the area.

It contains Beautifeye which claims to lift upper eyelid, reduce crows feet, fades dark circles and reduces puffiness. It also contains Juvefoxo, diamond and neodermyl.

Now being only 23years of age, i'm probably not the best to judge it on the crows feet, but in the last year I have noticed my upper eyelid has started to droop, being a makeup artist, I think you notice things like this a lot sooner than planned. And I am a constant sufferer from puffiness and dark circles.

Puffiness and dark circles, Check!
Upper eyelid?...ehhh still too soon to tell.

My eyes instantly feel refreshed, nourished and awake.You can pick this one up for $69.95aud

ETERNAL YOUTH
INSTA PEFRECTOR BLUR CREAM

This is quite a newbie to the Dr Lewinns range, as far as im aware of, I haven't seen Dr Lewinn's bring out a blur cream before.
Blur cream started to become quite a big thing in 2014, but they have been around before that time. With so much to compare it to, I was quite interested to see how it would stand out with the others on the market, and seriously, I rarely use blur creams, but somehow I have about 5 in my draw.

The idea of a blur cream is that you can either use it as a primer and apply first or you can apply after. With any blur cream, afterwards has never worked for me.They are made to blur pores, uneven texture, and fine lines.

I love the idea of blur creams, and in store they always feel and look really nice on my hand, but when it touches makeup, it becomes patchy and splits the makeup. Some even feel quite oily, and some take forever to set in.
I was really surprised to see that this isn't the normal silicone base texture, it's more like a liquid primer.

When I applied this, mainly to my t-zone, instantly and softly I noticed a difference. This blur cream doesn't seem to fill in the pores as I feel others do but it gives the illusion that my pores are smaller. So basically, exactly what it claims to do.
When it starts to set, your skin feels a little bit tacky, making it ready to apply makeup, because that tackiness will help the makeup stick and stay on longer.

Definitely has stood out from the other blur creams. If your a huge fan of blur creams, I would definitely recommend in giving this one a go, if your looking for your first one or one that might have a velvet texture than I would look at other ones before deciding on this one. You can find this for $29.99aud

Beauty by Bananas
Instagram @beautybybananas
Facebook - Beauty By Bananas
Youtube Beauty By Bananas






No comments:

Post a Comment