Sunday 12 July 2015

BEAUTY WINTER ESSENTIALS

BEAUTY WINTER ESSENTIALS


Some of us Aussies, just aren't used to the cold. Which can tend to us, not being quite prepared when it comes to our skin.

You might be finding, those gorgeous tanned legs (I wish) are a bit dry, possibly flaking?
Those kissable lips, you had last season, may not be quite so kissable anymore, or that gel cleanser you swore by in the summer as your holy grail, is giving you a sore, tight feeling?

Well fear no more, I have prepared for you My Go To Products for Winter. These winter essentials include, Skincare, Cosmetics, and something I thought you might of not expected, Fragrance!

So grab that cuppa tea, add a digestive biccie or two, sit back, get cosy, get warm, and listen on in...
if you want too of course :P

 Let's begin with, what I'm sure we are all noticing, those not so smooth legs. And i'm not talking about because we have put our razors down for the week *cough*, admit it ladies.

In Winter, or at any colder temperatures, our legs can suffer the most, causing dry, itchy, flaky legs. This normally happens because of the wind, dry indoor air, or even cold weather sunburn.

My go to body lotion is -

URIAGE'S SUPPLEANCE CORPS LAIT-CREME NOURRISSANT
aka
Body Milk Nourishing Cream.

Uriage is dedicated to the most sensitive skin types, they are a hypoallergenic brand formulated with their key ingredient Uriage Thermal Water.

URIAGE BODY MILK is ridiculously nourishing for dry, itchy, sore skin. I tend to lather myself all over my body with this cream, as it's so soothing to the skin.
It also sets into the skin really quickly, which i like because then i'm not finding myself sticking to the furniture.
Its a massive 500ml size and cost $39.95aud.


My next go to is NUXE REV DE MIEL
aka Hand Cream

If you haven't noticed these two brands are from France ;)
This hand cream is divine!
Instantly what you notice is the scent, it has a very pleasant honey fragrance.
89% of Nuxe ingredients are of natural origin, and this hand cream contains honey, sunflower, precious oils and vitamin E.
Instantly my hands are soothed and nourished.
I picked this hand cream up for $20 from Priceline.




Next is all about dat base.
DR LEWINNS GENTLE CREAM CLEANSER

Some of us can notice that our face's natural oils might change during the winter season, and become possibly dry. Changing something as simple as your cleanser can really balance your moisture levels out again.

When I want to feel super duper soft after cleansing, I turn to Dr Lewinns Gentle Cream Cleanser.
This cleanser is solely based on nourishing your skin.
I use a cleansing brush so combining the two, does take my makeup off really well.
This cleanser, deeply cleans and hydrates the skin using apricot, sweet almond and avocado oils.
I have never been fussed with cleansers, if it cleans and takes my makeup off im happy.
But this one is something else, granted, if you wear full coverage makeup, personally I found using just my hands, took some work to get my makeup off but the feeling your skin gets after cleansing with this cream cleanser is unbelievably smooth and conditioned as opposed to that dry, tight feeling some cleansers may give.
I bought this cleanser for $29.99aud and you can find it in most of your Pharmacy/Chemists.


Still with me? good, Maybe it's time for that second cup of tea ;)

My next two are now cosmetics and they are both the same brand -
MAYBELLINE NEW YORK

Let's talk about Lips.
Our lips probably suffer daily in the colder, dryer days and I have ended up being one of those fanatics to the Maybelline Baby Lips.

I had heard some much rave about the baby lips, and for $2.00 reduced at Kmart, I thought why not?
Wow! I have bought lip balms worth $20 and none of them never really nourished them or made them feel instantly smooth. Since using the Maybelline Baby Lips, nothing and I mean nothing compares to this lip balm. Instantly my lips are hydrated, and they feel like, what I assume like baby's lips.


As much as I love my matte lipsticks, my lips just can't handle the dryness it can cause when it's winter. So I have myself turning to Maybelline's Colour Drama Lippies.

First off, let me say for $9.95, the pigment is insane!

They stock quite a good range of colours, from natural nudes to hot pink, to the marilyn monroe red, but there's one that I think suits a perfect winter look.

Its the shade Berry Much.
A deep plum shade that tends to compliment most people.

Aside from the pigment and colours, they are also very creamy and surprisingly quite long wearing.

It glides on really easy and as it its in a jumbo pencil form, I find it's a perfect shape to apply as well.




Last, I end this post on a winter's fragrance.

Fragrance of course is personal choice and I tend to lean towards for a either floral or rich scent.

So the one I have picked for the colder nights is -


ROBERTO CAVALII JUST CAVALLI GOLD

This by all means, in my opinion is a rich, deep scented fragrant, so if that's not your thing, then peace out.

Just Cavalli Gold is a seductive, oriental floral fragrant.

Those of you who love Nutella, might find this is the closest you'll get to wearing nutella on your neck, as the first note opens up with hazelnut and a hint of mandarin, it then moves onto jasmine, woody orris and marshmallow!

Its so creamy, and rich, I can picture myself by a warm hot fire wearing it...instead i'll most likely be freezing my tits off in heels I can barely walk in, a club that I never wanted to go to.
Ah Well, a girl can dream.

Well if you stuck around, then thanks!
I hope you enjoyed this Beauty Winter Essentials Post, and helped you out with all your beauty needs.
Cya



No comments:

Post a Comment