Sunday 5 July 2015

RIMMEL WAKE ME UP FOUNDATION REVIEW

RIMMEL WAKE ME UP FOUNDATION REVIEW


If i'm being 100% honest, Rimmel, has never been my favourite brand. Don't get me wrong, their products aren't horrible but, nothing really excites me from the range.
Recently Priceline was doing a half price sale on the entire range of Rimmel.
It was too good of a sale, not to try something, but what?
Mascaras? Lipsticks?
Naahhh...
I have heard in passing that the Wake Me Up Foundation was a go to for a few beauty bloggers, so for 50% off I bought it, along with Soft Beige and Ivory Wake Me Up Concealer.

So how did it go?

WAKE ME UP FOUNDATION

I am actually quite shocked as to how often I have been choosing this foundation daily. Granted its only been a week, in fact probably less!
 BUT I can normally suss out a foundation when wearing it 2 or 3 times.

I picked up the shade True Ivory, and it was a perfect match! It's given me a bit of warmth but not that overly summer look.

Its very easy to blend, with one pump I can spread it out to achieve a medium coverage, but I am always a full coverage gal, so two pumps is necessary for me. Which still isn't using a lot.
I applied this with Real Techniques Blender.

It really does achieve a "Wake up/Fresh" look and doesn't seem to take too long to set.
It also is far from feeling heavy on your skin and I did find, you can set with or without a powder.

The true test for my skin, is how long it lasts.
I have always had an Oily T-Zone, it's never bothered me, as everywhere I have a Normal skin type and I rarely get breakouts.
But having an oily t-zone means liquid foundation, even with a powder, throughout the day, a lot of foundations tend to split and some go patchy.

Did It Pass?

Wow, did it ever!
I'm still so shocked as to how much this foundation is...well...AMAZING!
After 8 hours in several different weather conditions, indoors, outdoors, there was no splitting. Not one!
I still had a flawless complexion.
Yes, we are in winter, so lets see how well this goes when Southeast Queensland hits Summer. Which, by the way, I can't stand.

But for the current season, Winter. I am impressed.

Summary and Rating
If your after a Medium - Full Coverage, Fragrance Free,
Pump,
Dewy and Long Lasting,

I would definitely recommend trying the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation.
RATING -
9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment