Thursday 9 July 2015

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette Review

HOURGLASS AMBIENT PALETTE REVIEW

It's Here! It's Here! It's finally here!
Hurray !

I made a trip to my not so local Mecca a few weeks ago, and after surprisingly walking out with nothing, which i still regret to this day, the next day I hopped onto their website and ended up purchasing the Hourglass Ambient Palette.
So,
Is it all it's cracked up to be?


After my squeal of excitement had contained itself, and I had some food in my belly (hehe) I opened my beautiful parcel, that I came home to after a long day of work.

Big up's to Mecca Maxima with their packaging and 3 free samples.

Hourglass packaging is so luxurious, it's a beautiful dark copper gloss on the outside.
When I opened it, of course it was MAGIC. It was probably 10 mins of just admiring the packaging and colours, I almost didn't want to touch it.
As stupid as this sound but it was like this beautiful product had to gain my trust before I had the honour to swatch the powders!

When I finally got around to swatching it, never have I felt powder to be so finely milled. It feels so silky and creamy, nothing cheap about this brand.

There's 3 powders to choose from; Dim Light, Incandescent Light and Radiant Light.

It's really great value for money, this palette cost $76aud, normally one of their ambient powders cost $59it's a little bit bigger, but this is a great palette to sample, and because it's so gently pigmented, you don't need to use a lot at all.

So how did the final results go?

Unfortunately, Iphone camera's are....SHIT
so in my pictures, it might be a bit hard to see the true beauty this products does to your look.

It glides on so easy, and you only need the tiniest stroke of the brush.

 I like to apply the Dim light to my contour and brush upwards, to soften my contour line, as i do have paler skin I don't want my contour to look muddy.
The Dim light really does make a difference at blurring and almost making it look like you have a filter on you cheeks. Which, by the way, who doesn't love a filter?

After that, above where I applied Dim Light, I then apply Radiant Light from my cheek bone, and brushing outwards, towards my temple, to highlight the area. The colour of Radiant light has the slightest pale, rosey colour so I use this as a blush as well.

You'd think I would be happy to finish here, but, hello? There's 3 colours, I am gonna make sure all 3 colours are going on my face, even if it does end up looking like a glowy mess.

Last but not least, possibly my favourite (shh don't tell the others) Incandescent Light.
This is a light, near white powder. The shimmer in this one is so beautifully natural, it looks like my skin has a glow all day long.
I apply this above Radiant light and in the same direction, as well as down the bridge of my nose, cupid's bow, chin and a little on the forehead. You can see in the pic above Incandescent Light is showing all its glory.
 Well what it can anyway with the crappy camera quality, p.s new camera equipment coming soon, I promise!

Rating and Summary - 
For that beautiful, natural glow, I am always going to be reaching for Hourglass Ambient Palette. Its great value for price, did i say it's created in Italy?

This is also a great option for oily skin folks who have to set their liquid foundation with powder, as you can still get that dewy look, using this palette.

I feel like my makeup isn't complete until I have used this palette.
Now I can't wait to own everything by Hourglass... I MUST HAVE THEM ALL

Rating -
10/10 


No comments:

Post a Comment