Monday 20 July 2015

GIRLFRIEND MAGAZINE MODEL SEARCH, MAKEOVERS AND PICS WITH SHANI GRIMMOND

GIRLFRIEND MAGAZINE MODEL SEARCH, MAKEOVERS AND PICS WITH SHANI GRIMMOND

So this week was quite a busy week for me, with work and beauty.

For those of you that don't know, i'm a full time Beauty Advisor at Priceline in Australia.
Priceline is a big Drugstore Beauty/ Skincare/ Haircare and Health Store.

I was lucky enough to be chosen as one of Priceline's Beauty Advisor to do makeup for the Girlfriend Magazine Model Search.

Each year Girlfriend Magazine presents a competition to find the next GF model. Priceline was one of their sponsors, so off I went to their event for the day.

It was certainly an early start, woke up 4am, left at 6am and got there at 7:30am to set everything up.



The setup was quite luxurious, each beauty advisor had a station to set, tools and makeup in, with everything aside from brushes provided for.

Around 8am there were girls already lining up to audition for the GF model search.

The Makeup that was the main feature was Model's Prefer as it's an exclusive brand to Priceline. 

There is nothing over $25 with their cosmetic and makeup brush range.

A few of my favourites from Models Prefer is their Primers, BB, CC, DD creams and their brushes.

If you're after affordable and good quality makeup and brushes then I would recommend taking a look at Models Prefer.

Oh btw Models Prefer has  a duplicate to Hourglass Ambient powders, only costing $16.99AUD.

Misstango2 from youtube speaks highly of them.
Ill provide link to her channel at the bottom.

Aside from Models Prefer, I also got to play with Eylure and Manicare Glam Lashes, Bioderma and Neutrogena makeup remover.

Before we began the makeovers, I almost fainted getting photos taken with Shani Grimmond. She does the most entertaining videos on youtube along with beauty vids aswell.

I was hoping that I wasn't a complete nerd towards her, unfortunately I couldn't speak words.




"Me.You.Photo?.THAAANKS"

She was so sweet and friendly and was there as a guest Judge.

(pic from instagram #gfpricelinemodelsearch)

As the queue started to build up and I stopped pretending I was BFF with Shani Grimmond, it was time to begin the makeovers.

Our focus was the Eyes and Brows, and was given to the girls who auditioned as a little treat to them. It was their time to relax as the stressful bit was over.

The auditions went from 9am - 1pm and was estimated that 400 girls applied, and roughly 400 girls to do makeup on, between only myself and 5 other Priceline Beauty Advisors.

It was very quick pace, intense 4 hours, fortunately I've had previous experience with having to do fast makeovers, so it was something that I was used to.

(pic from #gfpricelinemodelsearch)

After it was all over they chose their top ten from Queensland. Congrats to all the girls that made it to top ten and well done to everyone who audition, it certainly takes a lot of confidence.






Before leaving for an hour drive home, I of course had to make a quick stop to Mecca Maxima!
Keep an eye out for a review of the goodies that I purchased, coming soon!


Cya's Soon!

Instagram - muabananas
Youtube - Coming SOON!





Links to -
https://www.youtube.com/user/MissTango2
https://www.youtube.com/user/itsshanigrimmond

No comments:

Post a Comment