Tuesday 21 July 2015

NARS SHEER GLOW FOUNDATION REVIEW

NARS SHEER GLOW FOUNDATION REVIEW

I honestly think I am the only makeup artist who hadn't tried/tested, not even a little swatch of the Nars Sheer Glow foundation.
To get a hold of this, its about an hours drive,
UNTIL NOW!
HURRAY HURRAY HURRAY,
BUT
Does it really live up to the hype?
For those of you who follow me on Instagram, you probably know the verdict already, but if not, I shall take you on the magical journey of Nars Sheer Glow Foundation

First, i'll start with a few basic points, ---

- I purchased Nars Sheer Glow from Mecca Maxima for $65Aud.
- The packaging is a gorgeous glass bottle with a twist top lid, making it look simple, modern and classy.
- It's a 30ml size, which 9/10 liquid foundations will be.
- The consistency of the foundation is a medium to thin liquid.
- It states to be a medium coverage.

Okay, so as usual, once the squealing and my breathing had manage to calm down and keep itself at a steady pace, I grabbed my cleanser, and took the current makeup I had on that day, so I had a clean, fresh base to apply on.

Oh, one thing I noticed when I was finding my shade was that Nars tends to have quite a lot of yellow base colours. It was a bit of struggle to find a neutral tone. Not that it bothered me that much, as yellow bases do work for my skin, because of some redness I suffer from.
The shade I chose was Punjabi and it is a Medium 1 shade.
I do recommend asking the ladies at Mecca to have your shade professionally found.
Note - please never try and find your shade on your wrist

This colour was perfect for my skintone, little bit of yellow, but not too much, it gave me that touch of colour/warmth I always tend to lean more towards for.

I applied sheer glow with a Beauty Blender, once I reached the coverage I was after, it only took a few minutes for it to set into the skin.
I then lightly set it with Face of Australia's Translucent Powder and of course added a touch of Hourglass Ambient Wardrobe Palette ( I am obsessed).

It blends really well and builds up easily too, I built it up Medium - Full.

At first glance I was very impressed, it's not a dewy finish, it's not matte or semi matte, its something else!

It's like Photoshop just sprayed its filter goodness on my face.

Blurred? no it's a soft focus finish.
That's the best way I can describe it.

As you can see in the dreadful, hilarious Before/After pic, it really gives a beautiful finish.


So, at first glance, I was impressed but as usual, the staying power was the big test for me.

I've used this foundation four times now, for at least 8-10 hours. What I notice is that the fresh, finish look its give right at the beginning, stays like that all day long.

My t-zone always gets a bit oily throughout the day, and this foundation did not budge when my natural oils came through.

I don't know if I can commit to say this is my Holy Grail Foundation ...

aw what the hell, I can't find any flaws to this foundation,

So,

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation is my Holy Grail Foundation.


I rate this Foundation a 10/10

You can check out more reviews and post on my blog, just keep on scrolling, also catch me on Instagram-
https://instagram.com/muabananas/
Youtube -
coming soon, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment